There's a significant geographic shortage and misdistribution of physicians that affects rural Wisconsin. While 28 percent of Wisconsin residents live in rural areas, only 11 percent of physicians have rural practices. The panelist will present information on health care disparities among rural communities within the State and possible ways to overcome these disparities.
As a result of this educational session, learners will be able to:
- Outline the major health problems impacting our rural communities.
- Identify factors impacting healthcare equity in rural communities.
- Describe initiatives to overcome the shortage of rural medicine physicians.
- Click here to sign up for lunch. This will not serve to document your attendance.
- A code to verify your attendance will be provided at the session. Make sure to bring your smart phone.
- Text in your attendance at the session. If you don't have an account/profile you will receive an invitation by text to create one.
- Create an account/profile: NetID or guest visitor account.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours