Speaker Information: M. Tracy Bekx, MD - Associate Professor, Endocrinology & Diabetes, Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Participants will determine the various resources that are available through GOT TRANSITION that guide and assist all student with special healthcare needs prepare for adulthood.
- Participants will list factors that contribute to challenges in diabetes care in adolescents and young adults.
- Participants will identify what tools are available to assess Transition Readiness for those with diabetes, how the diabetes team focuses on transition, and how the school nurse may contribute to this process.
Click here to complete today's evaluation: https://ce.icep.wisc.edu/DISH-evaluation-15240
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™