Julie Price, MSN, RN, CDE
University of Wisconsin-Madison Hospitals and Clinics
This session will be accessed via Zoom.
1.Define hypoglycemia & hyperglycemia in school age children with Type 1 Diabetes
2. Describe common symptoms and causes of hypoglycemia & hyperglycemia in children with Type 1 Diabetes
3. List appropriate treatments for hypoglycemia & hyperglycemia in children with Type 1 Diabetes
4. Name strategies to minimize occurrences of hypoglycemia & hyperglycemia during the school day in children with Type 1 Diabetes
5. Discuss situations related to Type 1 Diabetes that would benefit from collaboration between school health staff, family, and pediatric diabetes clinic.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 0.10 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours