As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
1. Identify the basic information about Plain people (Amish and traditional Mennonites), their health culture, and how they access care.
2. Explain how burn and trauma surgeons at UW have built relationships with Plain community members who have expertise in the B&W/burdock protocol for the care of burns and severe wounds.
3. Summarize the challenges and rewards that come with serving Plain families as health care providers.
- 1.00 MOC: ABP Lifelong Learning Points (Part II)
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours