Katie Williams, MD, PhD – PGY 5 Fellow Genetics and Metabolism, UW SMPH
1. Describe how founder effect and genetic drift have influenced the genetic background of the Amish and Mennonite (Plain) communities.
2. Summarize genetic testing methods, particularly those that can test for multiple founder variants simultaneously.
3. Discuss the possible applications and ethical considerations for a multi-gene panel that can identify multiple founder variants.
4. Report the views of genetic testing for various types of genetic disorders among members of the Plain community.
07/30/2020 - 7:30am to 8:30am CDT
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
Add to calendar:
Discloser List CME Internal Report
Katie Williams, MD, PhD