Speaker/Moderator: Laura Houser, MD
Speaker/Moderator: Ryan McAdams, MD
Speaker/Moderator: Santhi Logel, MD
Speaker/Panelist: Sheryl Henderson, MD, PhD
Speaker/Panelist: Alisha Ching, MD
Speaker/Panelist: Jason Stephenson, MD
Speaker/Panelist: Shiva Bidar-Sielaff, MA, CDM
Speaker/Panelist: Craig Becker, MSSW
Speaker/Panelist: Solomy Ntambi, MSSW, CAPSW
Title: Health Equity Rounds: Seeking Security
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
1. Analyze the responses health care teams have to clinical encounters involving Black patients/families.
2. Evaluate why responses from Black families are perceived and responded to differently by health care teams.
3. Discover why security is more likely to be called on Black patients and families.
4. Examine how using a trauma informed lens can facilitate positive and equitable outcomes
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™