Speaker: Carol Diamond, MD - Associate Professor, Hematology, Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant, Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Speaker: Pamela Kling, MD -Professor, Neonatology & Newborn Nursery, Kling Research Group, Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Title: Iron Deficiency revisited in 2022: New Test of Iron Status & New AAP Clinical Report
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Analyze the limits of ID and IDA screening using the surrogate of Hb and the potential of a new test for functional ID, reticulocyte hemoglobin, in pediatric practice.
- Examine fetal iron endowment, congenital iron deficiency (ID), defined by inadequate placental-fetal iron transfer and newborn endowment (delayed umbilical cord clamping).
- Summarize data informing the 2022 AAP Clinical Report on Diagnosis and Prevention of Iron Deficiency and Iron Deficiency Anemia.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™