During this session, we will discuss decolonizing mental health. We will discuss how decolonization and mental health practices can be embedded within interprofessional settings, and how these concepts can be applied to healthcare roles and responsibilities.
As a result of this accredited RSS session, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Identify why decolonized mental health care practice is indicated.
- Discuss how many current practices (training, research, treatment) and systems tied to mental health care do not lend itself to an anti-racist approach and instead, perpetuate systemic racism and oppression.
- Identify what healthcare providers can do to support BIPOC and all patients and “do no harm”.
- A code to verify your attendance will be provided at the session. Make sure to bring your smart phone.
- Text in your attendance at the session. If you don't have an account/profile you will receive an invitation by text to create one.
- Create an account/profile: NetID or guest visitor account.
LIVE Webinar (Zoom registration)
Click here to complete today’s evaluation: https://ce.icep.wisc.edu/interprofessional-equity-and-diversity-lunch-and-learn-20-22-eval-15128
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA CE Credits
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours