During this session, we will provide an overview and definition of decolonizing care. We will discuss how decolonization and anti-racism practices can be embedded within interprofessional settings, and how these concepts can be applied to healthcare roles and responsibilities.
As a result of this accredited RSS session, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Identify the current practices of diversity, equity and inclusion in healthcare.
- Discuss how the historical landscape of colonization has informed current practices.
- Identify how decolonization can transform healthcare.
- Describe the personal, professional, institutional practices that can mobilize efforts of the healthcare team to achieve health justice.
- A code to verify your attendance will be provided at the session. Make sure to bring your smart phone.
- Text in your attendance at the session. If you don't have an account/profile you will receive an invitation by text to create one.
- Create an account/profile: NetID or guest visitor account.
Click here to complete today’s evaluation: https://ce.icep.wisc.edu/interprofessional-equity-and-diversity-lunch-and-learn-20-22-eval-15128
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA CE Credits
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours