COVID-19: A Warp Speed Review of Viral Replication, Immune Response, and Treatment - Dayna Redini, Pharm.D.
Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, MD/DO, and Students.
As a result of participation in this educational activity, leaners will be able to:
- Describe general and COVID-19 specific viral replication and immune response.
- Correlate COVID-19 infectious mechanism of action to antiviral and immunomodulatory treatments.
- Examine COVID-19 treatment options available at SwedishAmerican Hospital.
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this CE activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests* in order to allow CE staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussions of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during the educational activity.
* The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use: The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP advises the participant that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices
For this educational activity all conflicts of interests have been resolved and detailed disclosures are listed below:
Click here to view disclosures for the planning committee (2020-21)
Click here to view disclosures for the planning committee (2021-22)
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
A maximum of 1 hour of knowledge-based CE credit can be earned by successfully completing this live activity. Pharmacists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. CE credit information, based on verification of live attendance, will be provided to NABP within 60 days after the activity completion.
2021 Universal Activity Number (UAN): JA0000358-0000-21-096-H01-P; JA0000358-0000-21-096-H01-T
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for .01 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist Technician
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
Computer, tablet, or other mobile device with sound.
Free, current version of Edge, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. Some older browsers and Internet Explorer could produce error messages or not display the content correctly.
Free, current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader or other .pdf reader.