3/25/19 Introduction to the role of prescription opioids in the opioid crisis - Alaa A. Abd-Elsayed, MD, MPH
How to attend the live session
This session uses Zoom video conferencing software. If you have any issues with logging on, contact WHO.
To join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: Use this link to join the session.
To join by phone ONLY:
1) Dial +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
2) Enter your Participant ID: Shown after joining the meeting
3) Enter your Meeting ID: 608 262 0466
4) Press *6 to mute your line when not speaking
International callers may find their call-in number here.
To join via video from Video Conferencing System:
Dial: 184.108.40.206 (US East) or 220.127.116.11 (US West)
Meeting ID: 608 263 7697
As a result of this educational series, learners will be able to:
- Implement up-to-date, evidence-based guidelines for opioid prescribing for acute pain to advance guideline-concordant care within health systems.
- Identify and encourage the spread of opioid-related emergency health system innovations.
- Collaborate with clinical specialty collaboratives (e.g., surgical collaboratives) in developing dashboards, reports, and other methods for providing feedback to providers on opioid prescribing, offering clinical decision support tools to improve the prescribing behavior, and evaluating efforts.
Alaa A. Abd-Elsayed, MD, MPH
|Jonathan Kohler, MD|
|Ben Eithun, MSN, RN|
|Jessica Carlucci-Jenkins, BA|
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this CE activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests* in order to allow CE staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussions of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during the educational activity. For this educational activity all conflicts of interests have been resolved and detailed disclosures are listed below:
Alaa A. Abd-Elsayed, MD, MPH: Consultant and Research Agreements with Medtronic and Ge, Halyard, Sollis, Spineloop, Stimwave (Consultant).
Jonathan Kohler: No relevant relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Randi Cartmill:No relevant relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Ben Eithun: No relevant relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Veronica Watson: No relevant relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Jessica Carlucci-Jenkins, BA: No relevant relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
* The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use: The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP advises the participant that this continuing medical education activity does NOT contain reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices
|In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, SCRTAC, and SCWIHERC. The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course has been approved by the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board as meeting the requirements for a continuing education course on the responsible opioid prescribing guidelines.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 ANCC contact hour.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Nursing is Iowa Board of Nursing provider 350.
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours