Diabetes mellitus is a medical condition with treatments, medications, equipment, and guidelines that are continuously being updated and improved. It’s hard to stay up to date with all of these changes! Let us help you by reviewing some of the recent updates in this field over the last few years.
As a result of this educational regularly scheduled series, learners will be able to:
- Review major updates to the 2019 ADA Standards of Care recommendations for use of glucose-lowering medications in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Review patient and medication specific factors to consider when selecting glucose-lowering medications.
- Discuss prescribing guidelines for use of GLP1 agonists and SGLT2 inhibitors.
- Identify appropriate candidates for continuous glucose monitoring.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours