As a result of this educational regularly scheduled series, learners will be able to:
1. Identify delirium as a medical emergency that demands early recognition and intervention to reduce its associated morbidity and mortality.
2. Describe the clinical features of delirium, common causative factors, and the necessary elements of a bedside evaluation.
3. Discuss the indications and efficacy of both non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic delirium management and prevention strategies.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours