On-going, nationwide critical events serve as a reminder for all citizens to be aware of their environment. With these events in mind, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office continues to take a proactive approach to active shooter/workplace violence. Learning about incidents and how to prepare can help save your life and the lives of others.
As a result of this educational regularly scheduled series, learners will be able to:
- De-escalate a potentially violent person utilizing verbal skills
- Understand and identify aggressive body language
- Implement protective measures when verbal skills fail
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours