This session will focus on determining the differential diagnosis of an elevated troponin in the acute care patient. Case studies will be used to highlight guideline directed management of troponin elevation due to myocardial injury versus ACS. Recommendations will be provided about appropriate use of cardiac consultation.
As a result of this educational regularly scheduled series, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Explain the measurement of troponin as a biomarker of cardiac injury and how to interpret an abnormal value.
- Differentiate Type 1 MI, Type 2 MI and nonischemic causes of an elevated troponin in order to avoid misdiagnosis and optimize outcomes.
- Develop appropriate clinical documentation of the causes of elevated troponin.
- Discuss case examples to highlight causes of elevated troponin.
Click here to complete today’s evaluation: https://ce.icep.wisc.edu/app-grand-rounds-20-22-short-eval-15069
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours