Humans have great capacity for empathy and compassion. What happens when we feel like that capacity is tapped out? During this session, we will explore the phenomenon of compassion fatigue and how we can navigate through feelings of exhaustion that can arise while caring for those who are suffering. We will discuss several strategies, including the practice of self-compassion.
As a result of this educational regularly scheduled series, learners will be able to:
1. Differentiate between compassion fatigue and burnout.
2. List skills you can draw on to lessen compassion fatigue.
3. Describe the role that empathy plays in compassion.
Click here to complete today’s evaluation: https://ce.icep.wisc.edu/app-grand-rounds-20-22-short-eval-15069
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours