1. Explain how extreme resistance to ionizing radiation (IR) can be conferred on bacteria via experimental evolution.
2. Define the mechanisms underlying the IR resistance phenotype include adaptation of existing DNA repair systems, amelioration of reactive oxygen species, and enhanced repair of iron-sulfur centers.
Event address for attendees: https://uwmadison.webex.com/uwmadison/onstage/g.php?MTID=e5d509628aa6c45a623aa198484222ff3
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours