Speaker: David Rakel, MD
Title: Towards a Salutogenic Science in Primary Care
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Define Salutogenic Science (Salute-Heath, Genesis: Origins of) and compare to our current expertise in pathogenic science (pathos: to suffer, Genesis: Origins of).
- Discuss the “Pill for every ill” mentality and how we need to focus more on the process before the pill for healthy outcomes.
- Examine key studies regarding pediatric nutrition and the incidence of chronic disease.
- Identify how UW SMPH and UW Health can become national leaders in achieving the health outcomes we want for our communities through the Wisconsin Idea.
04/21/2022 - 7:30am to 8:30am CDT
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Add to calendar:
Discloser List CME Internal Report
David Rakel, MD