SPEAKER: Lyndsay Harshman, MD,MS
TITLE: Understanding the developing brain in pediatric chronic kidney disease: the intersection of nephrology and neuroscience
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Identify the most common cognitive deficit reported among children with chronic kidney disease.
- Explain how cognitive and developmental brain differences could guide how we care for pediatric CKD patients.
- Summarize how cognitive deficits could impact adherence to prescribed therapy – particularly within the pediatric kidney transplant population.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™