Amanda Polanski, BS
Ashley Kuhl, MS, CGC
Title: "The Carnitine Conundrum Continues: Lessons from an observational cohort study of plasma carnitine concentrations in patients with MCADD."
1. Summarize current guidelines and practices of carnitine supplementation for individuals with Medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency (MCADD).
2. Examine the study’s evidence for the efficacy of carnitine supplementation in MCADD patients who exhibit secondary carnitine deficiency.
3. Hypothesize the possible clinical impact of new evidence informing non-acute carnitine supplementation of metabolic conditions such as MCADD.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 NSGC Category 1 CEU Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™