UW Carbone Cancer Center Online Grand Rounds (2023)
The University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center Grand Rounds is a weekly series that features international, national, and institutional speakers. The mission is to share knowledge and spark collaborations within the UWCCC scientific programs, including Cancer Control, Cancer Genetics, Cell Signaling, Chemoprevention, Experimental Therapeutics, Human Cancer Virology, Imaging and Radiation Sciences, and the Tumor Microenvironment. Clinical programs within adult Hematology/Oncology, Palliative Care, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Pediatric Oncology are also featured. It is the largest venue on the University of Wisconsin campus that brings together the many disparate professionals involved in cancer care and cancer research. The series is also available to professionals around Wisconsin and northern Illinois via live streaming, WebEx and Online/Enduring options.
Medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, primary care physicians, RN’s, oncology nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical research associates, and other health care professionals involved in cancer care.
As a result of participation in this educational series, members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Provide collaborative, team‐based care and conduct multidisciplinary research related to cancer control, cancer genetics, chemoprevention, experimental treatments, imaging and radiation, disparities in care, and other areas of the field
- Discuss advances in cancer research and practice that fall outside of their usual scope of work, resulting in improved communication with the interprofessional healthcare team
- Commit to connecting, collaborating and outreach between Non-UW learners, clinics and physicians in ethical ways to narrow the outreach gaps
- Identify health disparities in the oncology sphere, reflect on bias in the clinical encounter, and address challenges and opportunities posed in order to make oncology care diverse, equitable, and inclusive
POLICY ON FACULTY AND SPONSOR DISCLOSURE
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) to identify, mitigate and disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* held by the speakers/presenters, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this accredited continuing education (CE). In addition, speakers, presenters and authors must disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation. For this accredited continuing education activity, all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and detailed disclosures are listed below.
* Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Please see individual sessions for presenter information.
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Please see individual sessions for credit designation.
Computer, tablet, or other mobile device with sound.
Free, current version of Edge, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. Some older browsers and Internet Explorer could produce error messages or not display the content correctly.
Free, current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader or other .pdf reader.