Two Surgeon Couples - Eugene Foley, MD & Laurel Rice, MD
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the historical context of the discussion of work and non-work issues for surgeons and physicians.
- Identify the myriad issues which are impactful on physician domestic partnerships as they relate to:
a. Work Issues
b. Non-work Issues
- Suggest available opportunities for improving the landscape.
Eugene Foley, MD
Laurel Rice, MD
|Anne Lidor, MD, MPH|
|Danielle R. Hepting, MBA|
|Julie A. Martinelli|
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this CE activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests* in order to allow CE staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussions of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during the educational activity. For this educational activity all conflicts of interests have been resolved and detailed disclosures are listed below:
Eugene F. Foley, MD: No relevant financial relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Laurel Rice, MD: No relevant financial relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Anne Lidor, MD, MPH: No relevant financial relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Danielle R. Hepting, MBA: No relevant financial relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Julie A. Martinelli: No relevant financial relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Alyssa Schappe: No relevant financial relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
* The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use: The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP advises the participant that this continuing medical education activity does NOT contain reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
American Medical Association
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
- 1.00 MOC: ABS Lifelong Learning & Self-Assessment Points (Part II)This activity meets the ABS requirements for CME and self‐assessment credit toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC program.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours