San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) Updates - Mark Burkard, MD, PhD, Amye Tevaarwerk, MD, Ruth O’Regan, MD
MD, DMD, DO, Specific Physician Specialists, RN, APRN, LPN, Specific RN Specialists, Pharmacists, Social Workers, Clergy.
As a result of participation of this UWCCC Online Grand Rounds session, participants will improve their ability to:
- Describe the latest treatments of breast cancer.
- Identify the latest information on clinical relevance of biomarkers for breast cancer.
- Describe recent changes with regards to HER2-directed therapy in breast cancer.
- Contextualize these HER2-directed therapy updates within current practice.
- Explain the use of immunotherapy in triple negative breast cancer.
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this CE activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests* in order to allow CE staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussions of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during the educational activity. For this educational activity all conflicts of interests have been resolved and detailed disclosures are listed below:
Jessica Carlucci-Jenkins, BA: No relevant relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
Kim Sprecker: No relevant relationships to disclose in regard to this activity.
* The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use: The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP advises the participant that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
A maximum of 1 hour of knowledge-based CE credit can be earned by successfully completing this live activity. Pharmacists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. CE credit information, based on verification of live attendance, will be provided to NABP within 60 days after the activity completion.
2020 Universal Activity Number (UAN):
American Medical Association
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 ANCC contact hour.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Nursing is Iowa Board of Nursing provider 350.
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for .01 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours