Psychiatric Medical Necessity Review Workshop 2019
This activity is intended for psychiatrists and psychologists.
- Reviewers will appropriately apply current standards of care related to medication-assisted treatment, determinations related to appropriate levels of care for treatment of substance use disorders and formation of opinions regarding appropriateness in care. There will be reliability among different physicians related to this application of knowledge.
- Reviewers will be apprised of current regulatory issues, review of current legal cases, and case outcomes that impact how peer reviews are conducted and affect the peer review industry as a whole. There will be an increased awareness of current regulations and consistency of conducted peer reviews among different physicians.
- Physicians will apply current standards of care in the treatment of eating disorders to opinions regarding appropriateness of care. There will be consistency of opinions between different physicians.
Elements of Competence
This continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to change learner competence and focuses on the American Board of Medical Specialties areas of medical knowledge, patient care and procedural skills, and professionalism, in addition to the interprofessional competencies of roles/responsibilities, communication, and teams/teamwork.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) and Prest & Associates, Inc. The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 8.75 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours