Nursing Efficiency Assessment Tool Overview INP550w (Jun 1 - Dec 31, 2020)
Statement of Need and Purpose
Healthcare is changing quickly with the electronic health record (EHR) matching this rapid pace. It is important for clinicians and departments to be efficient while working within EHRs. Clinical Informaticists need to be able to assess build design, workflows, and areas of improvement. They also need to identify current behaviors of specific clinicians or departments to promote efficiencies and to identify training needs. The Nursing Efficiency Assessment Tool (NEAT) provides Clinical Informaticists with system data that helps to prioritize continuous improvement opportunities and develop targeted action plans for specific clinicians.
This course builds upon reporting content found in CLN102 and shows learners how to effectively use NEAT clinical review tools to assess individual users and departments, select tailored training, if needed, and to identify potential areas for project teams to focus on when implementing new or existing tools.
Elements of Competence
This CE activity has been designed to change learner competence and focuses on the Institute of Medicine area of using information technology, and the Nursing area of roles/responsibilities and teams and teamwork.
This course is intended for Nurse Clinical Informaticists in inpatient practice settings and Clinical Informaticists who are using Epic's EHR in their daily workflow and would benefit from using NEAT.
Following this training, learners will be able to:
- Translate NEAT data and determine appropriate questions to identify efficiencies in build design, workflows, and areas of improvement
- Assess individual users and departments for above and below average system efficiency
- Identify areas where your project team should focus on implementing new features or tailoring existing tools to a specialty or group of users
- Select tailored training and support for groups of users who might be struggling in a specific area
Specific Course Dates/Locations/Trainers
- June 4, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- June 9, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- June 11, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- June 30, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- July 14, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- July 16, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- August 18, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- September 17, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- October 29, 2020 - Live Webcast; Trainer(s): Kevin Decker and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- December 17, 2020- Location; Trainer(s): Jodi Greig and Technical Expert(s): Joe Zillmer
- Date - Location; Trainer(s): Trainer names and Technical Expert(s): Technical Expert names
|Agenda Summary Brief INP550w June 4_Final.pdf||207.44 KB|
|INP550w Agenda Summary Brief June 9.pdf||207.21 KB|
|INP550w Agenda & Summary Brief June 11.pdf||206.79 KB|
|INP550w Agenda and Summary Brief June 30.pdf||262.73 KB|
|INP550w Agenda & Summary Brief July 14.pdf||262.91 KB|
|INP550w Agenda & Summary Brief July 16.pdf||262.94 KB|
|INP550w Agenda Summary Brief Aug 18.pdf||264.53 KB|
|INP550w Agenda & Summary Brief Sep 17.pdf||207.2 KB|
|Agenda & Summary Brief INP550w Oct 29.pdf||206.98 KB|
|Agenda & Summary Brief INP550w Dec 17.pdf||264.75 KB|
Agenda - Empowering the EPIC End User for Clinical Informaticists (CLN2020v)
This is a two-hour instructor led course taught over a live webcast with no breaks.
- Why Are We Here?
- Getting Started with NEAT
- Case Study
- Prioritizing Outreach and Training
- Reviewing your Knowledge
Planning Committee Members, Trainers and ICEP Staff
Kevin Decker, Epic Trainer
Nina Berge, BA, Administrative Assistant,
Sam Collin, Epic Trainer
Angela Ginocchio, Epic Trainer
Jodi Greig, Epic Trainer
Ryan Hall, Epic Technical Expert
Adam Heidke, Epic Trainer
Kirsti Johanson, Epic Trainer
Angie Johnson, Epic Trainer
Katie Lee, Epic Events and Design Coordinator, Epic
Planning Committee Member
Nikki Metzger, Epic Technical Expert
Tracy Mrochek, MPA, RN, Program Coordinator,
Ericka Muesse, Epic Technical Expert
Megan Nelson, Epic Trainer
|Planning Committee Member/Trainer|
Stuart Pawlak, Epic Trainer
Tyler Powers, Epic Trainer
Gregg Springan, RN, Epic Nurse Executive
Planning Committee Member
Joe Zillmer, Epic Technical Expert
Planning Committee Member/Trainer
Policy on Disclosure
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this continuing education (CE) activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests* in order to allow CE staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation. For this educational activity all conflicts of interest have been resolved and detailed disclosures are listed below:
Epic CLN Course Planning Committee and Speaker Disclosure (January 2020 - June 2020)
Epic CLN Course Planning Committee and Speaker Disclosure (July 2020 - December 2020)
*The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re‐selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
The University of Wisconsin provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX requirements. The University of Wisconsin fully complies with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity needs accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) and Epic. The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.00 ANCC contact hours.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing is Iowa Board of Nursing provider 350. Iowa Board of Nursing accepts ANCC contact hours for nursing continuing education requirements.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for .20 CEUs or 2.00 hours.
- 2.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 2.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
All Epic training sessions use a current release of the application. If your organization is using an older version of the software, you will likely encounter some discrepancies between the features and functionality you learn at Epic and what is actually available in your system.