Learning For Teaching January - June 2020
Credits awarded commensurate with application. Faculty are eligible for *up to* 10 credit hours per academic year.
To support the integration of self-directed learning and improvement projects into accredited CME. The University of Wisconsin - ICEP has created the following program for providers to receive credit for the completion of a self-directed learning project related to their teaching duties.
Examples of projects include: a review of interprofessional education literature to better provide feedback to an interprofessional group of students; a review of current best practices of a procedure that a provider feels they need to improve/review prior to teaching that procedure to students; or learning completed in preparation for a presentation to faculty.
To claim credit:
- Download the **Learning For Teaching Worksheet** to help plan and track your learning activity prior to completing your project submission.
- Complete the **Learning For Teaching Project Submission Form**
- ICEP will review your project submission and assign your credits.
- To view your go to the "My account tab" on the top right of this page, select "My activities", select "Completed Activities"
- Credit is awarded on a 2:1 ratio of credits to time spent teaching related to the newly-learned material.
- e.g. A faculty member researches current best practices for teaching an interprofessional student group. They spend 1 hour in clinic teaching utilizing techniques learned through their self-directed learning project and asks their students to provide feedback regarding these new techniques. Once submitted and approved, this activity would be awarded 2 CE credits commensurate with the faculty's qualifications.
- Faculty can earn up to 10 CE credits per academic year.
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 10.00 ANCC Contact Hours