Epic Physician Builder Training – Basic CLN150 LIVE VIRTUAL (Mar 14-16, 2022)
As a result of this training, Physician Builders will be able to:
- Create Documentation Flowsheets to capture specialty-specific discrete data
- Utilize SmartForms to capture discrete data and generate a note
- Identify the process for creating Decision Support Alerts in Epic
- Create Orders related tools such as preference lists, SmartSets, and Orderset
Elements of Competence
This CME activity has been designed to change learner competence and focuses on the American Board of Medical Specialties area of systems-based practice and NAM areas of quality improvement and informatics.
Statement of Need and Purpose
The purpose of this training is to show physicians who use Epic’s electronic medical record how to configure the software to accommodate patient workflows in specialty and subspecialty areas. Specifically, the courses will show physicians how to create custom documentation and ordering tools.
Course Schedule & Additional Information
|DD/MM-DD/MM||Basic CLN150 MNTH DD-DD Live Virtual Activity Agenda||Basic CLN150 MNTH DD-DD Live Virtual Activity Infosheet|
This program is intended for physicians in specialty and sub-specialty areas using the Epic EMR in their daily practice.
Following this training the participant will be able to:
- Describe the tools Epic offers for documentation and ordering, including the advantages of each
- Explain how to create SmartTexts, SmartPhrases, SmartLists, and SmartLinks; how to apply rules that determine the most appropriate documentation to present to a user
- Identify how to create SmartForms for NoteWriter
- Discuss how to create SmartSets, Order Sets, and Order Panels
- Describe how to use and create BestPractice Advisories
Policy on Disclosure
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) to identify, mitigate and disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* held by the speakers/presenters, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this accredited continuing education (CE). In addition, speakers, presenters and authors must disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation. For this accredited continuing education activity all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and detailed disclosures are listed at the link below.
*Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical services directly to patients to be ineligible entities.
|In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP and Epic. The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this virtual live activity for a maximum of 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for 1.625 continuing education units (CEUs) or 16.25 hours.
- 16.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 16.25 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 16.25 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™