EMCCT Simulation Session (1/12/2021)
ELEMENTS OF COMPETENCE
This continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to change learner competence and performance, and focuses on the American Board of Medical Specialties areas of patient care and procedural skills, practice-based learning and improvement, interpersonal and communication skills, and systems-based practice, in addition to the interprofessional competencies of communication, roles/responsibilities, and teams/teamwork.
This activity is designed for nurses and physicians practicing in the EMCCT environment.
By participating in this session the EMCCT team and its members will be able to:
- Identify appropriate use of vasopressors
- Demonstrate management of ventilation issues on the Hamilton ventilator
- Discuss team-based patient care plan development
- Summarize current best practices in COVID PPE and precautions
POLICY ON DISCLOSURE
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this CE activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests in order to allow CE staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation(s).
* The ACCME defines a commercial interest as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
To view faculty & planner disclosures, please click here.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 4.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 4.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™