Efficiency Hour I: Placing and Managing Outpatient Orders - 5:30 PM
Discuss tips and workflows to help physicians easily manage a patient’s problems, diagnoses, and quickly place the necessary orders.
This activity is designed for physicians who work with the EMR in outpatient settings.
By participating in this activity learners will be able to:
- Identify efficiency tips to improve workflows such as entering visit diagnoses, entering orders, and creating order panels.
- Describe how personalization features such as customizing the problem list and preference lists and creating a personalized version of a SmartSet, can improve efficiency in the EMR and allow for more efficient patient care in the outpatient setting.
- Develop sustainable changes to workflows and system configurations designed to improve specialty-specific efficiencies and patient care.
Policy on Disclosure
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) to identify, mitigate and disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* held by the speakers/presenters, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this accredited continuing education (CE). In addition, speakers, presenters and authors must disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation.
For this accredited continuing education activity all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and detailed disclosures can be viewed here.
*Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on, patients.
The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical services directly to patients to be commercial interests.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) and Epic. The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live online activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for 0.1 CEUs or 1.0 hours.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™