Teaching and Learning Meet Ups
Starting Thu 4/21 Open to all!
1st and 3rd Thursdays (starting Thursday, April 21st)
4-6pm at the Memorial Union Rathskeller. Look for the “T&L Meet Up” table tent(s).
Join fellow educators for informal conversation in the Rathskeller. Connect with other educators who are passionate about teaching and learning. Bring a question or comment you’d like to talk about, or just jump into conversation at hand. Food, coffee, and other beverages nearby. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
New UW Center for Teaching, Learning, and Mentoring (CTLM)
Bringing together more than 50 professional staff members with extensive and wide-ranging expertise, the center will serve instructors at all career stages by offering campus-level professional development, course design, and instructional consulting programs and services. Diversity, equity, and inclusion will be at the core of this work. The center aims to support all instructors as we work together to provide equitable learning experiences in the pursuit of inclusive excellence and to foster a sense of belonging for all students.
How to Connect with the Center
The center will continue to offer some familiar professional development programs -- for example, Madison Teaching and Learning Excellence (MTLE) and TeachOnline@UW -- as well as some new opportunities to support instructors’ work now and into the future.
If you’re not sure which of the above opportunities is right for you or you’re looking for a different kind of engagement or instructional support, you can request a consultation.
AMA Adopts Guidelines Confronting Systemic Racism in Medicine
New SMPH Faculty CV Template (all tracks)
Click here to view the new templates.
What you need to know:
- Tenure track faculty who are going up for promotion from assistant to associate professor before the Biological Science Committee must use this format immediately.
- Through the 2024 promotions cycle it is not required that CHS and CT track faculty use the new template unless they wish to do so. Starting May 1, 2024, all CVs must be submitted to the promotion committees using this format.
- New faculty members are strongly encouraged to use this CV template immediately for recording their academic, teaching, service, and outreach activities at SMPH.
This template can also be found on the OFAD Preparing for Promotion page (scroll down to the Faculty Promotion Toolkit icon), or the Faculty HR Policies and Resources page. Instructions are included in the first page and the template follows.
Please contact the SMPH Faculty Promotion Team email@example.com with any questions about the template.
Interprofessional Simulation Workshop – A Free Virtual IPE Professional Development Day
Please join the UW CIPE for a free virtual simulation workshop focusing on an overview of simulation-based education and IPE experiential learning at UW Madison. This interactive workshop is suitable for faculty, staff, facilitators, preceptors, graduate students, and practitioners who have a low-medium level of experience with (inter/professional) simulation teaching and learning.
- Kelly Lackie, RN, BScN MN PhD RN CCSNE, Associate Director, Simulation-based Education and Interprofessional Education, Dalhousie University
- Erica Chou, MD, Director of Medical School Interprofessional Education, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Shannon DiMarco MSHS CHSOS, Administrative Director, UW Health Emergency Education & Clinical Simulation
- Hossein Khalili, BScN, MScN, PhD, FNAP, Director, UW Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education, UW-Madison
- Amanda Rogers, MD, Associate Program Director, Pediatric Residency Training Program, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin
There are limited spots available, please RSVP by May 12, 2022.
Become an Academy Member
Why become an Academy member? Click here to discover benefits of membership.
For faculty with less than 3 years teaching experience in the UW System, learn more about the Clinical Affiliate program, here.
For faculty with more than 3 years teaching experience and are ready to become fellows, learn more about the Teaching Academy Fellowship program, here.
Explore the Developing Educators hub for more information regarding:
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Self-Directed Learning
- Mentoring, Coaching, and Advising
- Feedback & Evaluations
- Challenging Learners
- Online Learning Tool
Ebling Health Sciences Library has announced a new page dedicated to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion resources for the health sciences.
Explore the new resources here.
Click here to view upcoming events, up-to-date resources, and more!