As a result of this educational regularly scheduled series, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- List the perioperative risks that are increased in patients with diabetes.
- Summarize the different risks between acute hyperglycemia and chronic hyperglycemia.
- List the metrics / domains of dysglycemia: hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, glycemic variability and time-in-range.
- Compare point-of-care meters to central labs. They are fast and avoid blood draws but are not as accurate.
- Discuss individualization of glucose goals for patients with, and without, diabetes. State the risk of tight glycemic control regimens.
- List several expanding approaches to improve glucose metrics, including continuous glucose monitoring, artificial pancreas devices, better glucose meters, better algorithms and clamp strategies.
12/16/2020 - 7:00am to 8:00am CST
750 Highland Ave
- 1.00 MOCA 2.0®: ABA Lifelong Learning Points (Part II)
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
Add to calendar:
Discloser List CME Internal Report
Micah Long, MD