- BRANDON RUSSELL
- Kimberly ROGAN
- Mick Edwards
Anesthesiology Grand Rounds are designed to increase awareness of current research and advances in basic sciences and clinical sciences that drive medicine, specifically anesthesiology, pain medicine, critical and perioperative care. Participants should also improve their ability to critically review and integrate large database-driven information, evidence-based advances into, and best practices for team-based care into clinical practice.
MD/DO, RN, APRN, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Pharmacy technicians, Residents/Fellows, and Students.
|Kristin Bevil, MD, Chair||Kim Rogan, Coordinator||Kelly McQueen, MD, MPH, FASA|
|Joel Johnson, MD||Kristopher Schroeder, MD|
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA)
This activity contributes to the CME component of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s redesigned Maintenance of Certification in AnesthesiologyTM (MOCA®) program, known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements. Participant completion information will be shared with the ABA through PARS. By recording your attendance at this event, you are giving UW-ICEP permission to share this information with ABA.
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
POLICY ON FACULTY AND SPONSOR DISCLOSURE
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) to identify, mitigate and disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* held by the speakers/presenters, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this accredited continuing education (CE). In addition, speakers, presenters and authors must disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation. For this accredited continuing education activity, all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and detailed disclosures are listed below.
* Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Detailed disclosures will be available prior to the start of the activity.
Patient Care and Procedural Skills
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Provide Patient/Person-Centered Care
Employ Evidence-Based Practice
Apply Quality Improvement
INTERPROFESSIONAL EDUCATION COLLABORATIVE COMPETENCIES
Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice
Teams and Teamwork
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION COMPETENCIES
Engage in Self-Reflection
Value Diversity in the Clinical Encounter
IP — COMPETENCE
As a result of participation in this educational series, members of the healthcare team will be able to:
- Improve in recognition of and action on conscious and subconscious biases that negatively affect individual experience and teamwork
- Discuss current research and advances in basic science and clinical sciences across disciplines represented by participants' healthcare teams
- Critically review and integrate large database-driven information and evidence-based advances in all sub-specialties of anesthesiology, pain medicine, critical and perioperative care
- Improve interprofessional communication and collaboration across the team of clinicians in anesthesiology, pain medicine, critical and perioperative care