- Describe the basic pathophysiology of gout and its effects on the body.
- List at least 2 medications that can be used in the management of an acute gout attack, with consideration for severity of symptoms and underlying chronic disease.
- Summarize lifestyle modifications for prevention of gout attacks and reduced long term progression.
- Explain considerations that prescribers need to take when initiating and titrating chronic therapy for gout, including use of serum uric acid levels, genetic testing, and renal function.
02/16/2023 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm CST
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 ANCC Pharmacotherapy Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Add to calendar:
Discloser List CME Internal Report
Kathy Rozema, MS, APNP, FNP-BC