After completing the PalliTALK workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize emphatic communication as a set of skills that can be practiced and improved upon.
- Reflect on their own communication startegies in the moment in order to adapt their style to best match an individual patient and context.
- Identify several communication frameworks, such as SPIKES and NURSE and Best Care/Worst Case, and to assess their own communication strengths and weaknesses.
- Define verbal and nonverbal forms of communication and understand how to use each most effectively.
- Describe the role that effective communication plays in improving patient outcomes.
- Build relationships with interprofessional regional colleagues who attend PalliTALK.
- Unlock creativity and spontaneity even in moments of stress.