- ANNE RIFLEMAN
- Rachael Alexander
- SARAH FRANK
This is a weekly case conference to review and discuss complex breast cancer cases. It is attended by the multi-disciplinary team which includes breast surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, genetic counselors, Social Work Navigators APP's, nurses, fellows, residents and research staff. The team reviews individual cases and discusses plan of care and recommendations for treatment.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
|Meeghan Lautner, MD, Chair|
|Melissa Schuett, RN|
|Sarah Frank, BSN, RN, Coordinator|
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 ANCC contact hour.
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
POLICY ON FACULTY AND SPONSOR DISCLOSURE
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) to identify, mitigate and disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* held by the speakers/presenters, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this accredited continuing education (CE). In addition, speakers, presenters and authors must disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation. For this accredited continuing education activity, all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and detailed disclosures are listed below.
* Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Detailed disclosures will be available prior to the start of the activity.
Upon completion of this activity participants will:
- Increase knowledge of the clinical practice of other disciplines and specialties caring for patients with breast cancer
- Improve ability to document appropriate recommendations and clinical decisions in complex breast cancer cases
- Improve interprofessional, multi-disciplinary communication in breast cancer care
- Develop improved and standardized processes for treatment of patients with breast cancer