1. Identify the state of cancer research and cancer care before the signing of the National Cancer Act (NCA) on 12/23/1971
2. Value the multiple and complex steps in advocacy and persuasion which were required to achieve passage of the NCA
3. Summerize the distinct elements of the NCA and acknowledge the ways in which these elements have enhanced cancer care and cancer research over the last 50 years.
4. Outline the most important discoveries in cancer care and research since the passage of the NCA.
5. Identify several of the influential individuals who helped build the current system of cancer care and research.
Zoom link: https://uwmadison.zoom.us/s/93996993664?pwd=eG5WK2ZpMWZOL0gxalRlZXVERFhNUT09
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours - Pharmacist
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™