SPEAKERS: Heidi Kloster, MD - associate professor Hospital Medicine, Assoicate Residency Program Director, Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin-Madison & Laura Lamminen, PhD, ABPP - Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern
TITLE: When the Going Gets Tough: Strategies to Promote Resilience and Mitigate Compassion Fatigue
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
1. Identify the national and local data regarding confluence of factors impacting physician well-being.
2. Distinguish definitions between burnout and related terms.
3. Apply evidence-based strategies to promote individual well-being.
4. Summarize features of a culture of well-being at the institutional level.
5. Discuss the pillars of trauma-informed care as a framework for the experience of patient and caregiver interactions.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™