SPEAKER: Shawn Robinson, PhD - Senior Research Associate, Wisconsin Equity & Inclusion Laboratory, School of Education, University of Wisconsin Madison
SPEAKER: Julie Gocey, MD, MS -Clinical Associate Professor, Developmental Pediatrics and Rehab Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin- Madison
TITLE: "The dictionary, literacy, and learning to read – what every pediatrician should know"
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners as members of the healthcare team will be able to:
1. Discuss how disparate access to language-based learning is a barrier to health and literacy that pediatricians can target.
2. Utilize basic spelling and reading terms to assess and advocate for explicit teaching needed to systematically approach complex words.
3. Demonstrate how dictionaries can support learning sound-letter correspondence and structural word analysis as a foundation for learning to read at any age.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™