Becky Pulvermacher, BS
Carly Eichten, MS, CGC
From An Elevated msAFP Screen to an Unexpected Genetic Diagnosis
- Identify the appropriate genetic testing protocol following an elevated msAFP and subsequent ultrasound abnormalities.
- Summarize prenatal findings suggestive of Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome.
- Evaluate how genetic counselors act as educators, counselors, and care coordinators in prenatal settings.
Kate Vickerman, BS
Grace Anbouba, MS, CGC
IDENTIFYing the Unseen: Possible Maternal Neoplasia Behind Abnormal and Unreportable NIPT Results
- Contrast the potential explanations for false-positive and unreportable NIPT results.
- Illustrate the process of follow-up testing in cases of abnormal NIPT results.
- Examine the implications of abnormal NIPT results on patient care and decision-making in genetic counseling.
- Summarize the current challenges to the identification and management of NIPT results suggestive of maternal malignancy in the United States and how the IDENTIFY study aims to address these challenges.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 NSGC Category 1 CEU Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours
- 1.00 Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™