- SARAH FRANK
- Nikki Owen
This is a weekly case conference to review and discuss complex breast cancer cases. It is attended by the multi-disciplinary team which includes breast surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, genetic counselors, Social Work Navigators APP's, nurses, fellows, residents and research staff. The team reviews individual cases and discusses plan of care and recommendations for treatment.
MD/DO, RN, APRN, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, Genetic Counselors, and Students
|Meeghan Lautner, MD, Chair
|Sarah Frank, BSN, RN, Coordinator
|Melissa Schuett, RN
|Tanya Kroll, MBA
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statements
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 ANCC contact hour.
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
POLICY ON FACULTY AND SPONSOR DISCLOSURE
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) to identify, mitigate and disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* held by the speakers/presenters, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this accredited continuing education (CE). In addition, speakers, presenters and authors must disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation. For this accredited continuing education activity, all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and detailed disclosures are listed below.
* Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Detailed disclosures will be available prior to the start of the activity.
Employ Evidence-Based Practice
INTERPROFESSIONAL EDUCATION COLLABORATIVE COMPETENCIES
Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice
Teams and Teamwork
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION COMPETENCIES
Address Health Disparities
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITY GOALS
IP — COMPETENCE/PERFORMANCE
As a result of participation in this educational series, members of the healthcare team will:
- Increase effective teamwork by learning about the clinical practice of other disciplines and specialties caring for patients with breast cancer
- Increase their awareness of clinical trials and ability to identify eligible patients
- Improve their interprofessional, multi-disciplinary communication in breast cancer care
- Improve their approach to a standardized process for treatment of patients with breast cancer
- Learn approaches to address health disparities in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer