- Lisa Scott
- JAMIE REETZ
Monthly statewide case-based discussion providing collaborative provider training and technical assistance and clinical operational work flows to improve care access and quality in 3 areas: colposcopy, LARC and abnormal pap management. Each of the 3 topics will be presented monthly.
MD/DOs, RNs/APRNs, Physician Assistants, and students
|Mary Landry, MD, Chair||Lisa Scott, PhD, Coordinator||Jamie Reetz, BS, Coordinator|
|Shuba Samuel, PhD, APNP||Melissa Geach, BSN||Laura Wiederhoeft, BSN|
|In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.|
Credit Designation Statements
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 ANCC contact hour(s). ANCC pharmacotherapeutic contact hours will be calculated and awarded as appropriate per session to meet the needs of advanced practice nurses.
Continuing Education Units
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP, as a member of the University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), authorizes this program for 0.1 continuing education units (CEUs) or 1 hour.
POLICY ON FACULTY AND SPONSOR DISCLOSURE
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) to identify, mitigate and disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* held by the speakers/presenters, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this accredited continuing education (CE). In addition, speakers, presenters and authors must disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation. For this accredited continuing education activity, all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and detailed disclosures are listed below.
* Ineligible companies are those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests.
Detailed disclosures will be available prior to the start of the activity.
Disclosures for Planning Committee
Disclosures for Planning Committee - March 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022
As a result of participation in this educational series, learners will:
- Apply ASCCP screening and abnormal pap management guidelines to clinical care of patients, understanding their role and the role of others on the interprofessional clinical care team
- Improve use of ASCCP colposcopy guidelines in patient care
- Be able to apply new care strategies for difficult LARC procedures and post insertion follow up, understanding their role and the role of others on the interprofessional clinical care team
- Review protocols for sexually transmitted infections, per scope of work needs assessment