- KIMBERLY SPRECKER
- Laura Ziegler
- JENNIFER HENDRICKSON
The VA Cardiovascular Conference addresses common and unique cardiovascular conditions and treatments in order to improve competency in the treatment of diseases and conditions common in the VA patient population. Staff and fellows deliver content via case studies, morbidity and mortality, research reviews and other interactive teaching modalities that engage all members of the healthcare team.
MD, DO, RN, PA, Nuclear techs, Echo Techs, Cardiology Fellows, Residents, Anesthesiologists
Elements of Competence
In addition to knowledge, this activity has been designed to change learner competence and focuses on:
- American Board of Medical Specialties areas of patient care and procedural skills
- Interprofessional Education Collaborative competencies of interprofessional communication
- Institute of Medicine competencies of provide patient-centered care, work in interdisciplinary teams
The Madison VA Cardiology department has numerous sections within its Service. These include: Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Echosonography, Nuclear Cardiology, ECG, Nurse Case Managers, Heart Failure, Transplant, Cardiac Rehab, MDs, and Physician Assistants. In addition, VA staff also work closely with the University of Wisconsin Cardiac Surgery department. With this many entities, our goal is to eliminate silos and encourage collaboration. By bringing everyone together, staff voice their expertise by engaging in conversation to enhance patient outcomes.
After participation in this regularly scheduled series, participants will:
- Improve interdisciplinary collaboration by creating a safe space for discussion
- Determine best plan of care for patient.