1. Discuss basic information about Plain people (Amish and traditional Mennonites), their health culture, and how they access care.
2. Discuss the relationships built with burn and trauma surgeons at UW and the Plain community members who have expertise in the B&W/burdock protocol for the care of burns and severe wounds.
3. Recognize the challenges and rewards that come with serving Plain families as health care providers and apply into practice.
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME
- 1.00 MOC: ABS Lifelong Learning & Self-Assessment Points (Part II)This activity meets the ABS requirements for CME and self‐assessment credit toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC program.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 University of Wisconsin–Madison Continuing Education Hours